Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??

Article about: Hi all, Recently picked this up price was ok so I gambled with out actually having a look at it and got it, Is it original? its been suggested that the ribbon may not be? cheers Dan

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??

Hi all, Recently picked this up price was ok so I gambled with out actually having a look at it and got it, Is it original? its been suggested that the ribbon may not be?
    cheers Dan

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-29-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??
    P
    Many

IMO, you'll need clearer, better photos if you would like someone to try to identify the maker of this cross.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Dan it shows promise. The picture quality is not great so I can t really make out what the core looks like. I can see a maker's mark on the suspension ring, can you tell what it says? Best regards.

Brian

yeh I have to really work on my photo taking skills.Here is a few more pictures I cant really make out the mark on the ring though. Cheers Dan

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??

It s a good cross IMO. I believe the makers mark is 40? For Berg&Nolte. I have my doubts the ribbon is original, at least to the award. Unlike the cross it s in like new condition and shows no wear. If it interests you for $7 you can get a clip on macro lens for a smart phone and get sharp images of small details, a worthwhile investment. Best regards.

Brian

Image from EK1DNA

Sample macros taken with clip on lens

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse??