Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hello! I want to buy this Eisernes Kreuz from an online seller, but with this photos I'm not sure if it's original...Please if someone can advice me I would be very grateful thx

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Hello! I want to buy this Eisernes Kreuz from an online seller, but with this photos I'm not sure if it's original...Please if someone can advice me I would be very grateful thx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Is the ring marked ?
    D.

Looks good to me.

Maker marked examples are always more sought after.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It looks a good one to me. Worth checking the ribbon ring for a makers mark as real steel says
    Wilko

Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Here is some photos with medal ring...The guy who sell this piece said "I think the ring was welded..." what do you think?? thx

That is original iron cross without any doubt.

KR

The point indicated by the arrow does indeed appear to be nothing more than a weld spot. This appears to be an unmarked cross. Some collect by maker, others don't. I personally do not, and find it a nice bonus if the ring turns out to be maker marked.

Either way, it's an authentic E.K.II, and one that would look great in any collection of Third Reich medals.

Regards, B.B.

Good '55' - Hammer & Söhne.

Regards,
    Nick