Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?

Article about: Hi folks, new here - I've got a question about this Brehmer EK2 - I've been told the swastika and both dates have been repainted, but it isn't obvious to me. The paint on the swastika and da

Leonore
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?

Hi folks, new here -

I've got a question about this Brehmer EK2 - I've been told the swastika and both dates have been repainted, but it isn't obvious to me. The paint on the swastika and dates does look slightly glossier than the rest of it, but I can't be sure. Hoping some better trained eyes here might be able to tell me if it has been repainted? Sorry I can't get a better resolution on the photos.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?  
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-26-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    They could be repainted as many of these either lost their finish on the high points or it was removed intentionally. You could try a little thinners on a q-tip, if the paint is original, it will not come off easily.
    Here is a photo of my Brehmer EK II, the finish appears similar to yours.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

For my two cents, being that it looks a lot like Ralph's, I'd leave it be. Chances are it's correct.

Nothing wrong with this cross.

Regards

nice EK2.

IMO good Brehmer i think not repainted ,the ring is mm or not?

Leonore
    ?

Thanks very much for all your replies. Sanya, the ring is marked:

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?  

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think it is OK too.

The sheen might just be grease from someone's fingers after handling the cross?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A nice original Brehmer indeed!

Welcome aboard

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think it is OK too.

The sheen might just be grease from someone's fingers after handling the cross?

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, I agree. Either grease etc or just abrasion from contact with other items in less shielded areas. If you look at the rings I have made on your pictures below you can see the same effect to a lesser degree on the areas of both sides which are the furthest from the sides of the frame (hope that makes sense).

Regards

Mark

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Brehmer - repainted?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast