Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - fake or real

Article about: More than good its a steal... I got my first iron cross at 75 then my second at 80 and even then the second didn't have a ribbon but had a rare makers mark. An iron cross is always at the

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - fake or real

Hi

i was going to buy this iron cross today but thought i would ask peoples thought on it to see if its a copy or original this is the best picture i could get of it it does shake and there is a slight gap between the cross and the otter part but any advice on it would be much appriecited and is it worth 50 asking price thanks adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010039.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	406107  
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-05-2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron cross fake or real

Hi Adam, would you be able to most more discrete pics of the medal; preferably any numbers on the ring and other side. Also does it rattle when shook? Does any black appear to be on the outer layer? Does it have a magnetic core?

My first impression is a good Fritz Zimmermann cross. Can you post a pic of the back if possible please?

Regards

it does rattle when shook there is a number on the ring i will text the gent selling it and see if i can find it out what do you mean by black on outer layer and magnetc core sorry i dont know much about iron crosses ?

If any black paint is on the outer rim of the medal from the parts i have marked in yellow. Sometimes on repros, especially lazy ones; traces of black paint is on the rims

Name:  iron crosss.png
Views: 270
Size:  355.3 KB

oh right thanks for the information its really kind of you as of marker on the ring it was fe or fd

F, FO, FR, Fr and FW are the only ones that I can think of I don't seem to recall a fe or fd so with that mark I am slightly stumped

from what you can see on the pic do you think its real ?

One picture cannot judge the whole thing, but from what you have told me it seems ok (appart from the stamp on the ring, I have no clue of fd or fe), If i was you just hold back on it and let other have a say; we are all here to help

ok thanks would you say 50 if its real is a good buy ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast