Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info

Article about: I am new to the forum. Came across a EC at a show, and decided to check it out. Cross in very nice condition....seller claimed unissued. Also came with ribbon and envelope...looked old. Meda

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info

I am new to the forum. Came across a EC at a show, and decided to check it out. Cross in very nice condition....seller claimed unissued. Also came with ribbon and envelope...looked old. Medal was three pieces, a medal center, and was marker marked on ring. Wondering how long these crosses like has been around and who made them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-22-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome WaR Medals.

Just an FYI. You have posted this in the wrong section. May want to ask a Moderator to move it to the correct forum (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/1939-...s-kreuz-forum/)

Also, to help maintain the database and future search functions we ask that members use the correct terminology. In this case Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (for Iron Cross 2nd Class). Don't worry. Just something to remember next time

Do you have photos of the packet (front and back) and ribbon as well. Also, my tired eyes and grainy photos don't work well together. Can you tell me the maker mark on the ring?

Very possible that it was unissued. Or it was purchased by the soldier as a spare and kept in the draw..could be lots of reasons but not important and doesn't really change the value.

As to your question "Wondering how long these crosses like has been around and who made them". The original EK was issued in 1813 (as can be seen by the date on the reverse). This one is a WW2 version (as you note.)

I don't study these but I'm know there were probably over 100 makers of WW2 versions. The maker mark will help us determine who made yours (as well as the paper packet).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello and welcome!
    As per Michael's post,
    I have renamed your thread correctly and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Unfortunately, I believe it is an example of the "333" fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome!
    As per Michael's post,
    I have renamed your thread correctly and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Unfortunately, I believe it is an example of the "333" fake.
    Ralph.
    I thought it said 333 but figured it was my poor eyes....and didn't want to assume...

For the original poster...a couple of links to other 333 fakes

Eisernes Kreuz 2 classe Weird or what!

Fake 1939 EK2's

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Map, Ralph, Your eyes are better than mine..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Map, Ralph, Your eyes are better than mine..
    LoL...easy to see now that it is rotated! Thanks G

(BTW...did my earlier tip work for you?)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    LoL...easy to see now that it is rotated! Thanks G

(BTW...did my earlier tip work for you?)
    Going to find out soon, Thanks..

Default WW2 Iron Cross info

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse infoEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse infoI am new to the forum. Came across a EC at a show, and decided to check it out. Cross in very nice condition....seller claimed unissued. Also came with ribbon and envelope...looked old. Medal was three pieces, a medal center, and was marker marked on ring. Wondering how long these crosses like has been around and who made them.

Hi rbminis, in the future I will be a little more exact in my posting titles and thanks for moving post to correct posting area. I am adding the ribbon and packaging that go along with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse info  

?

Same EK 2 ( Not EC ) and same result.. Not authentic... Welcome to the Forum.. G