Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, one piece construction

Article about: Hello folks, I took a chance on an EK2 the other day. It is non magnetic and of one piece construction. I do not own another one piece constructed cross to compare it to so I was flying blin

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, one piece construction

Hello folks,
    I took a chance on an EK2 the other day. It is non magnetic and of one piece construction. I do not own another one piece constructed cross to compare it to so I was flying blind. I am able to return the cross for a refund if scrap metal. The item is soft and would probably bend easily. Once in hand, I feel it is a repro but want to hear opinion before I throw it back into the pond.
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, one piece construction   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, one piece construction  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, one piece construction  
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-15-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, one piece construction
    P
    Many

From my limited EKII experience I would say this one is total junk. The craftsmanship is horrible. The beading doesn't look anything I've ever seen on an EKII. Of course wait for one of the EK gurus to confirm my suspicions but I feel pretty confident on my opinion.

?

My thoughts exactly, I know some were field made and others one piece construction. I have never held a one piece constructed one. Seems to be junk to me as well. I have been surprised once or twice...let's see...

?

Sorry Anzel, This one "I" don't like and my EK2 knowledge is VERY limited.. I thought most EK2's were
    three piece construction.. Good luck ..G

Fake cross, the ribbon stands a good chance. It has the looped edges.

Regards

I believe there were one piece EKs made but, this is not one of them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There is a one piece Otto Schickle Schinkel but is of much higher quality than that

I will post my example to compare

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

There is a chance it could be a Spanish EK2, I started a thread on this forum about them. I also have a Spanish example which I will also post but I'm about to go out on the town now

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I was thinking the same thing, Nick...possibly a Spanish EK.
    Normally I'd be one of the first to jump & say that a one-piece 1939 EKII is crap, but this one "rang a bell" with me immediately as a potential Spanish-produced cross...
    cheers, Glenn

certainly looks like a spanish one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast