Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse, original or not (Vol. 3)

Article about: Thanks for the correction Nick. I just was always told that if it had paint on the silver it was a red flag because the iron was alway painted before the cross was put together. How would th

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse, original or not (Vol. 3)

Thanks for the correction Nick. I just was always told that if it had paint on the silver it was a red flag because the iron was alway painted before the cross was put together. How would the paint get on the silver from the factory?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse, original or not (Vol. 3)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    Mango, the biggest red flag to me was the black paint on the silver. If it were a true three piece there would not be any paint on the silver.
    Original crosses can be found with black paint on the beading as Nick says. This is not an indicator of authenticity. Off the top of my head, Brehmer crosses for example, are commonly found with overspray on the frames.

- - Updated - -

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    Thanks for the correction Nick. I just was always told that if it had paint on the silver it was a red flag because the iron was alway painted before the cross was put together. How would the paint get on the silver from the factory?
    That is true Ray but some manufacturers also touched up their crosses after assembly and some may even have painted the whole core after it was positioned within the frames.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This does not look like a typical Multi-Construction, there is no seperation between the black and the silver by the look of it!

Neil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2