Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?

Article about: Hi all, recently bought this ek2 from a local dealer and am wondering about it’s authenticity, it is slightly magnetic when using a powerful magnet, the area which it has been attached toget

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?

Hi all, recently bought this ek2 from a local dealer and am wondering about it’s authenticity, it is slightly magnetic when using a powerful magnet, the area which it has been attached together is clearly visible throughout the piece, but something just doesn’t feel right about it, it doesn’t move or rattle when shaken either, below I have attached images of the front back and sides of the piece, it is not maker marked on the ring, and the ring does see, suspiciously big making me think it’s a replacement, any opinions are welcome, thank you First post, concerning ww2 second class iron cross.First post, concerning ww2 second class iron cross.First post, concerning ww2 second class iron cross.Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-03-2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?
    P
    Many

IMO, there seems to be something not quite right with the frame. The reverse of the irom core also seems to be poorly made. I don't claim to be an expert, hopefully others will give you a more definitive answer

?

I also am far from an expert on these at the moment but IMO this cross has my gut not liking it either. I'm sure that someone will be along soon and help with a definite answer for you. It my well just be the lighting in the pics.
    Wilko

Close up, I can see quite a few flaws with this one. Note the top left part of the inner frame, and the lower right hand corner. Also a few odd lines on the outer frame which look like they may be casting marks.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?

I can tell you that the ribbon is original, at the very least.

Regards, B.B.

Not one I recognize but I am pretty sure this one is a copy.
    There is no detail to the beading, the surface of the core is not flat, but rather bumpy. The outside edge shows a line in some areas but I would expect with this much wear and distortion to the frame, there would be some separations in the seam.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi again all, thank you for all of the feedback, I did have my suspicions when I bought it, I think the main thing that had me believing it wasn’t was the fact there was a lot separation visible on the sides (seam lines) which fooled me into thinking it was an original piece, I’ll post pictures below of the lines,Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, real/fake?

Please excuse my hands,

Thanks, Aaron