Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker

Article about: Hello All. This is one of 2 unmarked crosses in my collection with a still undetermined maker. I have not been able to match it up with anything in my reference books, or on this forum. It i

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker

Hello All. This is one of 2 unmarked crosses in my collection with a still undetermined maker. I have not been able to match it up with anything in my reference books, or on this forum. It is unmarked. It weighs 17.51g. The date is extremely generic looking with no obvious or unusual numbers that would help identify it. Swaz is slightly rounded at the tips, but sharp along the inner edges. The beading is narrow and quite fine. There are differences in how each inner beading corner comes together. The suspension and jump rings are on the thinner side. The jump ring is attached on both sides. The frame is rather wide compared to the rest of the cross, but overall size is standard. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown MakerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown MakerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown MakerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown MakerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown MakerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown MakerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker
    P
    Many

Update:

The more I looked at this cross, the more I felt I that the dates looked familiar. I went through and compared it to each cross in my collection and found the dates and swastika match 2 Steinhauer and Lueck Crosses in my collection. One is a marked EKII and one is an un-marked EKI. The frames however, are different. The beading is slightly different, and when compared to my marked S&L EKII, the EKII in this post is far lighter and more delicate. Now, if this means that it is another variant of an S&L, or if this is an EKII manufactured by someone else, using an S&L core, that remains to be seen.