Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - unmarked

Article about: Adding my EK2 to the forum archive. I've been reluctant to post this, as it is the last piece I haven't shown you guys from my original purchases 10+ years ago from ebay, which have been hit

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - unmarked

Adding my EK2 to the forum archive. I've been reluctant to post this, as it is the last piece I haven't shown you guys from my original purchases 10+ years ago from ebay, which have been hit and miss. I got this from a seller in England, who sent me the gold swastika pendant I posted a month or so ago with it for free.

Silver outside edge is not magnetic, the inner black part is. Ribbon has always seemed to me like it had been cut, but it may be correct for all I know.

Sorry for some of the glare on the black on the reverse picture. There is a touch of silver polish in spots along the inner edge where the black piece and silver frame meet from yours truly trying to polish the silver before I knew that was a very bad idea. I haven't tried to remove the polish residue as I don't know how I would do that without possibly harming the black paint, so there it remains.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  - unmarked

Last edited by rbminis; 08-14-2014 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  - unmarked
    P
    Many

It looks to be a nice cross, although I can not attest to it's authenticity. A soft bristle tooth brush will help in removing the polish residue.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Been there done that... Not anymore though... I leave my relics "As Is" whenever possible.. Thanks guys...G

Ralph,

The brush trick worked like a charm! Thanks for that. It looks like the day I got it again.

Thanks for changing my thread title too. I should have fully named it when creating it.

Took new images of the front and back to show the difference a little brushing makes.

Hí Avanger
    This is a cross a wartime unmarked Rudolf Souval

Indeed a nice Souval in great condition!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

a nice one.

I think I've found a matching packet for my EK2, but I don't know what a reasonable price is for just the packet. Seller wants $31 for it. Is this a good price? Thanks.

Quote by avenger View Post
    I think I've found a matching packet for my EK2, but I don't know what a reasonable price is for just the packet. Seller wants $31 for it. Is this a good price? Thanks.

If it is something you need, it is a fair price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well....I don't know about need persay.....but I think it would enhance the value and presentation of my EK2 to have the packet.

Thanks Ralph!