Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked

Article about: Hello All. Pictured is an Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse I have in my collection. It is unmarked and I am trying to identify the maker. Someone suggested it is a Deumer, but it is not quite like m

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked

Hello All. Pictured is an Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse I have in my collection. It is unmarked and I am trying to identify the maker. Someone suggested it is a Deumer, but it is not quite like my marked Deumers. It has to subtle die flaws on the lower 3 o’clock and right 6 o’clock arms (circled). Any help would be greatly appreciated.Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse UnmarkedEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked
    P
    Many

You might want to research an unmarked 13, as your cross has a beveled swastika.
    I can not see the flaws you are talking about.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Agreed, good id Ralph. A lovely Gustav Brehmer - '13' cross.

Regards,
    Nick

Thank you for the information. I do have a question. I have a marked 13 in my collection. The frames, rings and dates do seem to match but the swaz seem different between the two. In the picture the marked one is on the left. Are these different versions from the same maker?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked  

What is unusual about this Cross, is that the beading is very flat, as if it had been worn down. It still has nice frosting on it, however, so clearly it comes that way (you have to magnify the picture a bit to see it). I have gone through and looked up all EK2 manufacturers on this website, and the only EK2 photos I found with such flat beads, was by Bruder Schneider. Apparently they have 3 Core types, of which only the B type seems a fit. I am still not 100 percent sold as the dates seem slightly different, but with the available photos it’s just hard to tell. If anyone knows of any other EK2s with flat beading, I would love to hear about it.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    Thank you for the information. I do have a question. I have a marked 13 in my collection. The frames, rings and dates do seem to match but the swaz seem different between the two. In the picture the marked one is on the left. Are these different versions from the same maker?
    Yes, one is marked, and one is unmarked. The marked example swastika is on a "pedestal" I believe, and the unmarked is not.
    On the left is my marked example with the pedestal and on the right is the unmarked example without pedestal.
    Both have "flat" beads.
    Ralph.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse UnmarkedEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I see, now it makes sense. Thank you.