Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review

Article about: Hi everyone, have a EK2 I would please like your opinions on. If someone can perhaps recognize a maker for this one that would be great. I dont say any big red flags on this one but I am no

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review

Hi everyone, have a EK2 I would please like your opinions on. If someone can perhaps recognize a maker for this one that would be great. I dont say any big red flags on this one but I am no expert on iron crosses.

(Seller is from a 2nd hand shop and does not specialize in militaria, no mention of markings on the ring and for now this all the photos I can get).

Hope you are safe during this time,
    Kind regards,
    Nico

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good cross, i'm not to keen on makers myself and someone can probably correct me if i'm wrong. But i believe that it's made by Grossman & CO

?

Thank you Tobias, what are the features that make you think Grossman & Co?

?

Hey, As i said, im no expert on makers but i think it looks really similar to my Kreuz (which is made by grossmann & co)

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review

On Grossmann Iron Crosses the bottom of the obverse 3 has a flat spot. Here is a close up of mine to compare. Unfortunately I cannot tell by the photos if that is the case on your cross 3VOLV3.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review  

?

Thats a great feature to use, I also cannot see on the photos that I have if the 3 has a flat spot. If I do buy it I will definitely upload nice detailed pics. Is Grossmann EK's hard to find?

?

Hey, no grossmann Ek's aren't that rare. Btw thanks for the info Chrish

Upon further inspection I am not too sure the Iron Cross in the original post is a Grossmann at all. Another indicator of a Grossmann is that the arms on Grossmanns are straighter than those typically encountered on Iron Crosses. Below is my Grossmann next to a shiny S&L (4) from my collection to illustrate this point. Once you look at the photo's it becomes pretty clear. I would probably not purchase that one, unless it is a different type that you are missing in your collection. Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse up for review

Looks like a good '123' - Bek, Hassinger & Co. to me.

Regards,
    Nick

?

Well, there you see my level of expertise LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast