MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Article about: I would like to know everything that you can tell me about this iron cross. On the suspension ring is stamped 40. On one side is the year1813and on the other is 1939. Also a ball park valuat

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

I would like to know everything that you can tell me about this iron cross. On the suspension ring is stamped 40. On one side is the year1813and on the other is 1939. Also a ball park valuation please. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.   Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.  

Last edited by Adrian; 02-18-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Maker '40' EKs were manufactured by Berg und Nolte, of Ludensched. Yours is a decent worn example I'd say. EKII valuations differ from country to country, but a rough figure could be around 70-80 Euros for an original EKII without the ribbon.

Regards,

Carl

?

I agree with Carl but in this case I would value it slightly lower due to condition. The core looks like it has been touched up which affects value, it is very worn (no bad thing) and if there is no ribbon the I would say top end 70€ but more likely around 60€ as a fair price.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A nice B&N

Here is my example to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.  Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I agree with Carl but in this case I would value it slightly lower due to condition. The core looks like it has been touched up which affects value, it is very worn (no bad thing) and if there is no ribbon the I would say top end 70€ but more likely around 60€ as a fair price.
    Nothing has been touched up I can assure you. Tommorow I will wash it and hopefully you will see the real condition of this badge, thanks to all of you who have replied to my request for help. John.

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    Nothing has been touched up I can assure you. Tommorow I will wash it and hopefully you will see the real condition of this badge, thanks to all of you who have replied to my request for help. John.
    Don't wash it!!
    It's perfect as it is.

Regards - Danny

?

As Danny says, don't clean it! Leave it exactly as it is. The reason I mentioned about it being touched up is because on the left hand obverse arm as you look at it you can see a patch where the paint has flaked off and been coloured in black again. There are a couple more places on the swastika. Yet, if you look at the lower right hand arm of the swastika you can see bare metal, a different colour to the other patches.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What a good observation Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The most I would recommend would be to brush the dust off with a stiff paint brush.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)