Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?

Article about: Gday all, My new Abeitsgemeinschaft der Hanaver-wide Frarr maker 24 p My question is would you be happy with the frame on this example.I would think being guild made the construction standar

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?

Gday all,
    My new Abeitsgemeinschaft der Hanaver-wide Frarr maker 24 p
    Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?

My question is would you be happy with the frame on this example.I would think being guild made the construction standards would have been higher or do you think the frame has been damaged and a repair attempted?(filed down)
    I am very interested in what you all think.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse maker 24,would you be happy with this?

Does look like it's been repaired.........
    Regards,

Steve.

That's my gut feeling Steve,and poorly repaired at that.
    I was a little disappointed when it arrived I must say but I shall hang onto it as I believe wide frames are getting quite hard to find.
    Thanks for your opinion Steve.
    All the best
    Dave

Hi Dave,
    I agree, poorly repaired. I may be able to help you with your problem. I received a cross in similar condition, I actually took it apart and resoldered it. If you like, I will post photos for you to see.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Dave,

A good original cross from the maker's guild Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plaket-ten-hersteller.

I'm not sure why you ask if it's been repaired or what Steve and Ralph are seeing that I'm not but I don't think the cross has been repaired. To my eyes it looks like an average condition EK with patina on the frames and a small amount of paint loss to the core.

These wide frame EKs from maker 24 are no more or less hard to find and they are about if you look for them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A good 24 indeed! Maybe some slight damage on the 9 o'clock frame

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Dave,

A good original cross from the maker's guild Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plaket-ten-hersteller.

I'm not sure why you ask if it's been repaired or what Steve and Ralph are seeing that I'm not but I don't think the cross has been repaired. To my eyes it looks like an average condition EK with patina on the frames and a small amount of paint loss to the core.

These wide frame EKs from maker 24 are no more or less hard to find and they are about if you look for them.
    I think it has something to do with the soldering job Adrian.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I'm genuinely not seeing anything dodgy with the soldering, some file marks yes - unless I can't see all the photos?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here's my 24 for comparison, yours looks mint compaired to mine!

Gday Gents'
    Sorry it's taken a while to reply,was under the pump last night and had no time.Apologies.
    The frame has most definitely had a file on it,there are file marks (a fine single cut i would feel) on the inside flat surfaces of the frame,near the groove (nick)in image 5.Also the same on image 7.It may be filed back solder overrun but the nicks to the inside corners look out of place to me.
    Thanks to all that have replied,your opinions are appreciated.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast