Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz.

Article about: Can anyone give me some info on this medal. A 1939 iron cross with swastika in the center. The center colour is silver rather than black, with 113 on the clasp

Default Eisernes Kreuz.

Can anyone give me some info on this medal. A 1939 iron cross with swastika in the center. The center colour is silver rather than black, with 113 on the clasp
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-01-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz.
    P
    Many

?

Sounds like a WW2 era iron cross 2nd class or in German Eisernes Kreuz, also referred to as Ek for short. If the suspension ring is marked 113 it will be for Hermann Aurich, Dresden. As for the silver colour in the middle the black paint has probably worn away or been scratched off over time.

?

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post any photos of the cross in question? It will be so much easier to help if we can see what you've got.

From your description however I am not optimistic. You say it has a clasp, I guess you mean it has a pin on the back? If so it is a first class award. If it's marked '113' I would suggest it's a fake as this maker didn't produce EK1s. If it has a ring soldered to the top it is a second class - EK2 - in which case this maker did produce this class of EK.

The silver centre means it is a very poor fake or has had the black paint on the core removed for whatever reason.

Please post some pics and you will know either way.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I agree with Adrian, a pin on the back would suggest it is a 1st class not 2nd and if marked 113 would suggest a fake as Hermann Aurich did not produce a EK1.

Unless it is a misread L/13 ??

Thankyou all for your replies. Been very helpful

Nope, sorry. It looks like a poor one piece fake to me.

Regards - Danny

I 100% agree with Danny !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheers guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast