Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz?

Article about: I believe the slip of paper came with the EK2 and box. It doesn't relate to a specific award, just a generic block of text which translates roughly as: 'The production of medals and decorati

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz?

I believe the slip of paper came with the EK2 and box. It doesn't relate to a specific award, just a generic block of text which translates roughly as:

'The production of medals and decorations is subject the control of the Prasidialkanzlei. The manufacturer is obligated to exchange unsatisfactorily supplied items against perfect replacement.'

So in effect, it is a guarantee against faulty workmanship.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz?
    P
    Many

Adrian,

Would a prospective buyer of an LDO EK have to provide any sort of documentation or proof that he is a recipient when he went to purchase it?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Adrian,

Would a prospective buyer of an LDO EK have to provide any sort of documentation or proof that he is a recipient when he went to purchase it?
    Yes, proof of entitlement would need to be provided.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks again folks, I believe we are narrowing things down, and with all this great help, it makes my life easier! Thanks!

TK

?

Very nice set !!!!! I too have a marked L/54 EKII case but mine is the 1st type with the LDO code. That cross is very nice and really hard to find.
    (More or less because I 'm not so good to translate it) the TAG says that the manufacturer was under the control of the LDO quality organization
    and if there were defects you could substitute the cross.

P.S. for a my mistake I didn't read the pag. 2 of the thread..

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Do you know what it says? If I knew what it said I could match it up...and actually Steve it (the paper) is bigger than the maroon box, 1939 spange, unless it just came with it. It won't fit inside. To big.

TK
    Spange means "Brace" in German

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Do you know what it says? If I knew what it said I could match it up...and actually Steve it (the paper) is bigger than the maroon box, 1939 spange, unless it just came with it. It won't fit inside. To big.

TK
    here is a proper translation of wha it says "The production of medals is under the control of the presidential councill. The producer is responsible to replace bad quality pieces for free and with no hassel."

KSH
    ?

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    Spange means "Brace" in German
    "Spange" can mean "braces" for dental application, or it can be translated as "clasp" (or "buckle" etc). Choose the most logical one for us here. Not sure which that is

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 06-20-2011 at 01:58 PM.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    here is a proper translation of wha it says "The production of medals is under the control of the presidential councill. The producer is responsible to replace bad quality pieces for free and with no hassel."
    Here is a better translation (I think the one posted by Adrian was good enough to begin with, is this a translation contest?):

"The manufacture of orders and decorations is subject to inspection by the Presidential Chancellery (Präsidialkanzlei). The manufacturer is under obligation to exchange/replace deficient pieces supplied against faultless substitutes/replacements."

There is no mention of "with no hassle" and "for free" in the text, this is only implied in the text.

- Kenneth

Thanks folks for th information! It has really helped!

Thanks again! TK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast