Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review

Article about: Hey guys, I added this recently to my collection to finish up a display I was working on. There were some issues in the purchase and ended up taking this EK1 instead of the brass core cross

Default Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review

Hey guys, I added this recently to my collection to finish up a display I was working on. There were some issues in the purchase and ended up taking this EK1 instead of the brass core cross that I thought I was getting. This has a maker stamp on the back and hopefully you can see it through the loop. I believe it is for Zimmerman. Can anyone shed some light on whether or not this is an authentic cross or not? Medals are not my strong suit by any stretch of the imagination.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review   Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review  

Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review   Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review  

Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review   Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review  

Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review
    P
    Many

I apologize that some of the pictures were rotated a little bit awkward

raz
    ?

Looks like a one piece cross to me . Did zimmermann make a one piece cross ? Here is my mm 20 cross but it is 3 piece and the mm is on the back of the pin .

Eisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for ReviewEisernes Kreuz EK1 Zimmerman for Review

Thanks for the pictures. It does appear to be a one piece construction which is throwing me off a bit. I have gotten mixed opinions but was hoping for something conclusive so I can either frame it up or take action as needed.

raz
    ?

Hey JerryB52 , According to the Maerz Stimson "The Iron Cross 1st class" book there isn't a Zimmermann 1 pc cross so for me this is not a good cross but wait for others to post . Hopefully you got it from someone who will take returns .

I think something can be arranged if it is not legitimate. I am hoping it is but will wait for others to comment

Hello I would agree with Raz. The one piece construction is a big flag and the round wire catch I also think is incorrect for Zimmerman. I would compare your example to the one discussed in this previous thread although your example is of better quality, but has the same similar bad characteristics. Kindest regards.

Brian

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.

Thanks all for the input. I suppose that puts this one to rest.

Sorry, Zimmermann never made a cross with this pin shape, or round wire catch.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)