Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz - Help

Article about: Hi, Yet another post of pictures for everyone to devour! Recieved these medals from my dad a few years back now when I wasnt too interested in all the history...but... times have changed and

Lostkiwi
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz - Help

Hi,

Yet another post of pictures for everyone to devour! Recieved these medals from my dad a few years back now when I wasnt too interested in all the history...but... times have changed and I am starting to look deeper into WW2 related issues.
    I am just wondering if a 'friend' is correct in saying all of the ones you see are fakes?

Any info is great, and also reasons would be good if you have the time.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help  Eisernes Kreuz - Help 
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-27-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Iron Cross - Help

From the photos posted, they all look good except the first medal - the Blutorden - which is a fake.
    You could try posting both the Imperial Eisernes Kreuz in the Imperial section for the guys there to take a look at but they do look good to me.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz - Help

Lostkiwi, your Imperial EK's look genuine, the 2nd class, a little mishaped around the top, suspension/jump ring possibly replaced (common fault on Imperial crosses), convexed 1st class looks very nice, looks to be '800' stamped (German silver content mark) on pin. As AdrianC states the 'Blood order' is a copy, a heavily faked medal this one !