Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse

Article about: Hello folks. In a recent post, I mentioned that I had been looking at an EK I on a dealer website. I was informed that the cross I was eyeing up was an authentic piece, but assembled postwar

Default Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse

Hello folks.

In a recent post, I mentioned that I had been looking at an EK I on a dealer website. I was informed that the cross I was eyeing up was an authentic piece, but assembled postwar. I turned my attention away from that one, and found a cased example on Espenlaub that looks absolutely gorgeous. It's unmarked, but that doesn't bother me at all.
    On inspection, I do not see anything wrong with either the cross or the case. Of course, my experience with these awards is minimal. I have never seen an EK I in person outside of militaria shows, and have never handled one. This one ticks all my boxes, and is one I'm seriously considering picking up on payday. However, as I value history more than aesthetics, I'd appreciate some assurances that this one is indeed a wartime produced EK.

Photos of said EK I:

Eisernes Kreuz I. KlasseEisernes Kreuz I. KlasseEisernes Kreuz I. KlasseEisernes Kreuz I. KlasseEisernes Kreuz I. KlasseEisernes Kreuz I. KlasseEisernes Kreuz I. Klasse

Best regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse
    P
    Many

Hello, this should be cased unmarked Wilhelm Deumer.
    Best regards, Franko

I have posted cased Wilhelm Deumers EK1 here recently with maker mark just below the catch. Besides that they are the same.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Thank you for the help with this one. I'm supposed to be putting the money aside for the W&P Show in July, but this one is just too good-looking to pass up. As long as it's a wartime cross, I'm happy!

B.B.

This is great iron cross in, i dare to say that, mint condition. It has that frosty look like it was made today. Amazing item. Very well preserved. You should buy it, absolutely.
    Best regards, Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    This is great iron cross in, i dare to say that, mint condition. It has that frosty look like it was made today. Amazing item. Very well preserved. You should buy it, absolutely.
    Best regards, Franko
    Come payday, I intend to! And it's from a dealer I've had nothing but good experiences with. Espenlaub has never disappointed me.
    They do mention this one having a slightly convex 'bent-back' shape. I know that this was sometimes done to better fit on a uniform during wear?

B.B.

Yes, they sometimes can be just a little bit vaulted, but nothing to worry about, really.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Update: This cross is now on its way to me. Expect some photos in about a week!

B.B.

She's a beauty! Well done!

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    She's a beauty! Well done!
    The excited wait begins!

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast