Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Article about: Hello all, I am posting a couple medals for a friend. Her grandfather was a paratrooper with the 101st airborne division. He landed on D-Day and was taken prisoner by the Germans two days af

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Hello all,

I am posting a couple medals for a friend. Her grandfather was a paratrooper with the 101st airborne division. He landed on D-Day and was taken prisoner by the Germans two days after landing. He escaped from the camp and joined other U.S. fighting forces. He or his brother picked these up during their time in Europe. Being that this is coming direct from the families I do not really have doubts about authenticy, but never bad to get a second opinion. The ring is marked 27.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Looks like a nice Schenkl A shame the pics wont enlarge

I have a couple of these, such a nice maker. Compare with your example

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Interesting story, A nice cross IMO by Anton Schenkl's Nachf, Wien.

?

Thanks for the comments gents! much appreciated! . I will try to get better pictures that will enlarge when I am back from work.