Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65

Article about: Hi all, Just received this in the post. Another EKII for my collection, this time it is a type 65 - Klein & Quenzer. I tried comparing to which core type it is, I believe it is a core ty

Default Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65

Hi all,

Just received this in the post. Another EKII for my collection, this time it is a type 65 - Klein & Quenzer. I tried comparing to which core type it is, I believe it is a core type 2? If anyone has a better idea, please let me know

The original ribbon is very short, looks like it was cut off.

Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse, type 65
    P
    Many

that's a real beauty.

Thanks Harry. Interesting story attached to this one - that is, what the seller told me. I have purchased quite a few items from him now, so I have no reason to not believe it.

The seller lives in a small town here in Poland, a town that prior to WWII was part of Germany (though the town has a rich history, from its charter in 1363), and after the war became Polish territory.

Anyway - the seller runs a business of doing cleanups on properties (but he is also a collector of war relics), and this cross was found in an attic wrapped up in cloth in an old pre-war house with a bunch of other old items. Already sounds like one of those fantasy stories that some sellers of fakes make up to embellish their items However shortly after WWII, the German population of the town was expelled, and since it wouldn't do anyone any good to be proud of any Third Reich relics at that time, I can see why the cross would have been hidden away. Perhaps even cut from a uniform.

Whether true or not, I don't know, but it sounds quite plausible, and interesting in any regard.

That's a lovely looking cross to add to your collection.
    Interesting story to go with it as well.
    Jonathan.

Nice clean K&Q.

Regards

Very nice EK2.

?

Nice K&Q