Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz question.

Article about: I am looking to purchase an iron cross in the near future and had a few questions. Is it safe to say that if an iron cross is a three piece it is a guaranteed original or do they make fakes

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz question.

I am looking to purchase an iron cross in the near future and had a few questions. Is it safe to say that if an iron cross is a three piece it is a guaranteed original or do they make fakes that are three pieces? I have been looking for a perfect condition cross ....to me it would make a nice display piece. Or Is a cross that is a little rougher more desirable because it has seen the war? Just a few questions that have been on my mind.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-16-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz question.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron cross

Sorry, Jay. They do, indeed, make 3 piece fakes! But, the good news is, that there are so many Original crosses out there in both perfect (many still unissued in their original envelopes!) and in used shape too that finding a decent one should be little problem! Just buy from a top line reputable seller and you should be fine!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi Jayman,
    You can find original EKs in one piece and three pieces, you can also find fakes in one and three pieces so the amount of components is no guarantee of originality. If you find a cross you like, post it here for appraisal before you spend any money. The key is to read the threads on the forum, put some time in and understand the Eisernes Kreuz. Whether you purchase a mint piece or a worn piece is entirely up to you and your taste. Look around dealer sites, get a feel for what is about and how much it will cost. Look through the examples posted here on the forum and see if there is a maker you like above all others.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

thanks that answered my question. I hated to start a Thread on such a small question to be answered by just a few words but i guess someone might have the same question someday.

?

Quote by Jayman View Post
    thanks that answered my question. I hated to start a Thread on such a small question to be answered by just a few words but i guess someone might have the same question someday.
    Exactly! Never be afraid to ask. You question might save someone from getting burnt later on and this is a discussion forum which thrives on questions being asked and answers being discussed.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....