Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz.....real or fake?????

Article about: a lot of iron crosses were unmarked nothing to worry about. It was a good buy and be happy to know that you have an original cross.

Default Re: Iron Cross.....real or fake?????

As you say Steve,with what looks like rust. It should have an iron core. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz.....real or fake?????
    P
    Many

is it good that it has an iron core? (cause yes it has rust) sorry for my stupid questions, i dont know to much for iron crosses.

Quote by herrzark View Post
    is it good that it has an iron core? (cause yes it has rust) sorry for my stupid questions, i dont know to much for iron crosses.
    Hi,
    There are no stupid questions, but there are stupid answers. The purpose of this site is to share and obtain knowledge, so don't worry about asking questions. To answer your question, yes, iron is a good thing.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Some had a brass core,but as a rule it should be iron. Stewy S

so the probabilities are that the cross is original.It makes me happy

iron cross
    ?

Like I said before nice original iron cross. does the ring on the top of the cross have a number because if it does that would tell you the company who made it.

i couldnt find the number.It seems that there is something but after so many years maybe it is not so good visible (maybe...)

Quote by herrzark View Post
    i couldnt find the number.It seems that there is something but after so many years maybe it is not so good visible (maybe...)
    Relax.....take a deep breath.....it is fine, just like iron cross has told you. It is OK.... Not ALL crosses were marked, but that means nothing as far as originality.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

its good when you can't see the seam on the silver edge,, Great Iron Cross, original !!

Quote by colt45 View Post
    its good when you can't see the seam on the silver edge,, Great Iron Cross, original !!
    Exactly, evidence of hand finishing and a true mark of craftsmanship of the period.

...I think he just might be convinced that it is OK now...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast