Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???

Article about: Never seen anything like the cross. Was there such an award or is it pure fantasy? The Iron cross... what do you think? Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???

Never seen anything like the cross. Was there such an award or is it pure fantasy? The Iron cross... what do you think?

Cheers Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???   Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???  

Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???   Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???  

Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???  
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-16-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Iron cross and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???

Anything with the round screw back such as that cross is a Polish made fake.

Regards

Carl

I'm not an Iron Cross expert, but I don't like the way this one looks.

Jan
    ?

Thank U very much guys.. Had the same feelings about these!

Cheers Jan

The 'SS Feldehrenzeichen' is a crappy fake of a genuine post WW1 private purchase medal issued for veterans to purchase. The screw backs were never made with either 'SS' or 'RZM' stampings, indeed, the only markings would have been 'Ges.Gesch.' which are missing.

The Deutsches Feldehrenzeichen was an unofficial 'vanity' award made by the German 1914-18 War Veterans' Association based in Leipzig and Hamburg. The Association also awarded the Somme Cross, the Verdun Cross etc. to members who had served in these campaigns. The Feldehrenzeichen went to all Association members who had served at the front in the Great War. The only connection with Hamburg was that the Association had offices there.

Here's a genuine one.

Regards, Ned.

Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???Eisernes Kreuz and SS Field Ehrenzeichen?? Original or not???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Jan

Anything like that with ss runes makes me want to run away!

Can you post a reverse pic of the EK please

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Jan,
    As Nick says, can we see some more pics of the EK please? Straight on front and back in natural light?
    I'm not keen on it from the pic above, especially the dents on the corners, looks like soft metal type damage but I don't want to write it off just yet.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....