Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

EK 1 by Hermann Aurich

Article about: Hi Chaps. Had this EK1 in my collection for a few years now. It's marked 113 for Hermann Aurich and isn't magnetic. Should it be magnetic? I know there are variations that are not, is this o

Default EK 1 by Hermann Aurich

Hi Chaps.
    Had this EK1 in my collection for a few years now. It's marked 113 for Hermann Aurich and isn't magnetic. Should it be magnetic? I know there are variations that are not, is this one of them? Or is it a complete fake?
    Would appreciate your thoughts.
    Cheers
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK 1 by Hermann Aurich   EK 1 by Hermann Aurich  

EK 1 by Hermann Aurich   EK 1 by Hermann Aurich  

EK 1 by Hermann Aurich  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK 1 by Hermann Aurich
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK 1 by Hermann Aurich

Hi Mark, this does not give me a good feeling. Is it three part construction? It looks one part from the pics? The paint overlapping onto the beading does not inspire confidence either with me. But wait for the EK boys to comment.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade. How can i tell if it's 3 part construction or not? It looks solid and weighs 27.5 grms. Which is a lot heavier than my L/13 screwback variation that only weighs 15grms.

The edge will look like a "sandwich", with very fine lines which define the back, core and front.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Mark
    I 'm very sorry but your cross is fake. Aurich just produced EKIIs, no EKIs. But yes there were few manufacturers that produced EKIIs and EKIs with a non magnetic core.

Thanks Fabri appreciate that.
    Best
    Mark

Whoever faked this didnt do his homework !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Hello Mark
    I 'm very sorry but your cross is fake. Aurich just produced EKIIs, no EKIs. But yes there were few manufacturers that produced EKIIs and EKIs with a non magnetic core.
    Fabri is correct, Aurich didn't make EK1's and as a side note, there are EK2's marked '113' that are fake but very very close to the originals.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....