Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

EK 1 need help!!!

Article about: So we do actually have a genuine cross. The pin is not a normal K&Q pin which will affect the value. I don't mind a replaced pin, you hardly see the backs of these crosses on display any

?

Default Re: EK 1 need help!!!

So we do actually have a genuine cross. The pin is not a normal K&Q pin which will affect the value. I don't mind a replaced pin, you hardly see the backs of these crosses on display anyway, so if the price is right I don't see anything wrong with adding it to a collection. A replaced pin is part of the history. This looks good and might well be period.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK 1 need help!!!
    P
    Many

The originality of this cross was never in doubt. Everyone to their own Adrian. I personally would steer clear of these.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    The originality of this cross was never in doubt. Everyone to their own Adrian. I personally would steer clear of these.

Nick
    Not sure about that Nick, the first few posts cast doubt upon it's originality!

?

As I understood cross the original manufacturer Klein & Quenzer. pin it's from another cross.

?

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    As I understood cross the original manufacturer Klein & Quenzer. pin it's from another cross.
    Yes.

?

Hi all,

Maybe I'm wrong but when I commented it there were more pics of that cross with close in to the frame showing brass coming out as for the pin. Was the post changed or corrected?

?

Quote by Tagete View Post
    Hi all,

Maybe I'm wrong but when I commented it there were more pics of that cross with close in to the frame showing brass coming out as for the pin. Was the post changed or corrected?
    Not by me, maybe maxrsx changed it?
    Sometimes the wear to an award will expose the base metal as can be seen on the pin.

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    Not from another cross IMO as I cant find a pin set up like that anywhere. Could be something that was fashioned post war

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Goodmorning Adrian!

Even the numbers looked a little different but that could be a prospective illusion... So frame from this producer were in brass silverplated?

?

I have not changed anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast