Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Ek 2

Article about: Hello! From now on I will try to buy only marked crosses. So it is easier to learn to identify unmarked crosses, compare them with marked ones. Images do not always help. I have troubled Adr

?

Default Ek 2

Hello!
    From now on I will try to buy only marked crosses. So it is easier to learn to identify unmarked crosses, compare them with marked ones. Images do not always help. I have troubled Adrian and the whole Forum long enough. enni

The previous week purchases.
    25 Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-, Gold- und Silberschmiedeinnungen
    85 Julius Pietsch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	324435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	324436  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ek 2

Hi Enni,
    Your '85' is actually a '65' by Klein & Quenzer, the dates are unmistakeable and I'm guessing the makers mark must be mis-stamped. Julius Pietsch was not a manufacturer of EKs.

I agree with Adrian. There is no maker 85 in the EK2 world

Nice crosses

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Enni,
    Your '85' is actually a '65' by Klein & Quenzer, the dates are unmistakeable and I'm guessing the makers mark must be mis-stamped. Julius Pietsch was not a manufacturer of EKs.
    I do not know how to comment. This was my first purchase from this seller.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap2 copy.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	324462  

If its a clear 85 mark then it is a fake stamp. I have seen W&L's with this spurious stamp.

However as Adrian says it could be a mis -stamped 65

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

As the cross is a '65' it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it is a mark that has been mis-stamped/mis-read. Can you post a pic of the mark so we can tell for sure?

?

As the cross is a '65' it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it is a mark that has been mis-stamped/mis-read. Can you post a pic of the mark so we can tell for sure?
    In the evening after work. Thanks !

?

Hi Enni,
    You are right as always ! The seller was wrong and I should have known that J.Pietsch was not a manufacturer of EKs. Thanks Adrian, thanks Nick !

Name:	EK 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	324523  

?