Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ek 2 dodgy frame

Article about: guys this is my latest ek2 i got a while ago it came from the same dealer where i nearly got a mm 333 cross so i would like to see if it is origional. also it is unmarked and im stuck on the

?

Default ek 2 dodgy frame

guys this is my latest ek2 i got a while ago it came from the same dealer where i nearly got a mm 333 cross so i would like to see if it is origional.

also it is unmarked and im stuck on the maker, the frame looks uneven against the core like its been cut out by a blind man.

cheers rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ek  2  dodgy frame   ek  2  dodgy frame  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ek  2  dodgy frame
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ek 2 dodgy frame

Hard to tell because the photos are slightly blurred, what is the dark area in the area highlighted below? Are the frames mis-aligned?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ek  2  dodgy frame  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

sorry about the quality adrian ive had to ask someone at home to take pics for me. yes looking at the pis it does look like the side of the cross but i will find out over the phone later for sure. i have to say i dont really like the cross it looks thrown together. could it be late war?

also on the edges of the beading there are uneven parts where it looks cut out more so on the reverse could it have been a hang over day for the maker?

cheers rory

?

Mis-stamped frames do occur from time to time and sometime you wonder how they escaped the factory, I have a grossly mis-stamped '16' where most of the beading is missing from one of the arms.
    I still think the above is an original though, just a hangover day as you suggest or a Friday afternoon piece.

?

haha yes cheers adrian is there any way of telling a maker then or are some of the features lost to the frame? the core looks like a 65 maybe?

rory

The beading looks almost cast to me! No definition between the beads.

I would leave it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

too late nick. i dont think i will be using this dealer again

rory

?

Not, a Klein & Quenzer. I'm thinking along the lines of a S&L 'standard' frame type but would like the better pics to be sure one way or another.

Quote by rory View Post
    too late nick. i dont think i will be using this dealer again

rory
    Well if Adrian thinks its genuine you are ok

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

roger i will request better pics from home, i hope it is ok, one less maker to aquire. thanks again for the help guys

rory

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast