Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

EK 2nd class................. original?

Article about: Hey guys, i am being offered this EK 2nd class. EK's are getting harder and harder to tell if they are original. I believe this one is an original, but second opinions are very appreciated!!

?

Default EK 2nd class................. original?

Hey guys, i am being offered this EK 2nd class. EK's are getting harder and harder to tell if they are original. I believe this one is an original, but second opinions are very appreciated!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK 2nd class................. original?   EK 2nd class................. original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK 2nd class................. original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK 2nd class................. original?

Hi mate

Its as bad as it gets I'm afraid unless this is a variant I am not aware of!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I agree with Nick above, and he knows his EK's!!! Not a good one I'm afraid.

Regards,

Carl

?

What are the issues guys, enlighten me, please.

Its a Schinkel B shaped EK, if this is genuine it would be worth a lot of money. The Schinkel B shape is much different to the usual EK shape as you can see and also much different to the Schinkel A. The arms have less flair and are much more ''triangular'. I dont know much about this variant
    I believe this one to be a fake due to the poor quality.

The other guys may disagree with me so wait for their comments. How much has the seller offered this for?

Nick

Ps If it is a genuine Schinkel B you will be my new best friend
    Last edited by Woolgar; 10-01-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The cross is a fake. It has the wrong shape to be a regular EK and the only type you will find with such straight arms is the Schinkel 'B' as Nick has said. It is not a Schinkel 'B' because the '3's in the dates have a flat top, original 'B' types have a rounded top to the '3'.
    The dates and swastika on the core are small very different from any original I know of and the beading on the frame is unlike any known original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....