Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ek ii

Article about: These two have no marks. any ideas on manufacturers? I took these outside, so the lighting varied with the cloud cover. 1. Without ribbon 2. With Ribbon

Default Ek ii

These two have no marks. any ideas on manufacturers? I took these outside, so the lighting varied with the cloud cover.

1. Without ribbon
    Ek iiEk ii

2. With Ribbon
    Ek iiEk ii

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek ii
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ek ii

First one without ribbon are a unmarked #60.
    I can't tell the other, but maybe one of the other guys can help out.

?

Quote by Snni View Post
    First one without ribbon are a unmarked #60.
    I can't tell the other, but maybe one of the other guys can help out.
    I agree with Sonny, the first is a Katz & Deyhle, quite a rare maker to find. The second looks like it has 'standard' Steinhauer & Luck frames. Not sure about the core but the obverse date is quite distinctive so this may help pin it to a maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice crosses! Keep hold of the K&D as Adrian says they are not easy to get hold of.

Here is my unmarked to compare
    Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Ek ii  Ek ii 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you guys. It always amazes me how you can identify the manufacturers like that! Its cool to have a K&D I got lucky.

It seems odd to me that the numbers on the front and back look like a different type style. Is that very common among other manufacturers?

?

Quote by brianmc View Post
    It seems odd to me that the numbers on the front and back look like a different type style. Is that very common among other manufacturers?
    Hello Brian,
    Yes, it is common to find differing styles of date numerals between the front and the back, this can be seen on alot of EKs but equally, there are many where the style is very similar.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....