Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK II fake?

Article about: Seller said that the Iron Cross, is a rare specimen, but I have never seen such a marking (585 or 685). In my opinion it is a copy. Seller wants \\$ 172. What do you think?

Default EK II fake?

Seller said that the Iron Cross, is a rare specimen, but I have never seen such a marking (585 or 685). In my opinion it is a copy. Seller wants $ 172. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II fake?   EK II fake?  

EK II fake?   EK II fake?  

EK II fake?   EK II fake?  

EK II fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK II fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK II fake?

It's not rare John, it's a common Latvian fake.
    Tell the dealer to do some research before he tries peddling fakes!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

And one more question. What do you think of this little one (L11). Seller wants $103,-worth that price or not ?.In my opinion it is orginal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK II fake?   EK II fake?  

thanks for the quick reply

just to see if ive learnt anything here.....i would say the EK is fake as the numbers on the dates dont look right aswell as theres no signs of rusting to the iron core.....correct? :-)

plus the swastika looks abit to far off centre.....

?

Quote by Davidcwjones View Post
    just to see if ive learnt anything here.....i would say the EK is fake as the numbers on the dates dont look right aswell as theres no signs of rusting to the iron core.....correct? :-)
    The numbers aren't correct compared to any known original Schinkel EK2, they are close to the type attributed to Deumer but not close enough. The condition of the core means nothing, I have completely mint, out of the packet (literally) EK2s with perfect, blemish free cores and others which are rusty, all original.

Quote by Davidcwjones View Post
    plus the swastika looks abit to far off centre.....
    Again, a swastika being off centre is no indicator of authenticity. There are many original examples where the swastika has actually gone under the inner corners of the frame. There is a certain amount of movement on the cores too, to a lesser or greater degree depending on the maker.

The things that give this one away is the shape, the beading - bith unlike original examples and also the uneveness of the frame flanges. Note how wide it is in some places and how thin it is in others. The spurious mark is also wrong, Schinkels were never marked.

?

John,
    The Spange looks ok to me but I'm not up on the finer details of these, hopefully one of the other guys can add their thoughts.

thanks for the information adrian....ill learn lol

?

Everyone started somewhere David, give yourself time and experience. You'll pick alot up reading the threads here and asking questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast