Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK1 on the Classifieds Forum

Article about: For \\$100, I would have snapped it up if I had seen it.........!

?

Default EK1 on the Classifieds Forum

Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to get your opinion on this EK1 that is for sale on the Classifieds. In my opinion, I have concerns with the Swas and Date. The swas looks to have an "outline" around it. I dunno? Havent even looked at the hardware to be honest, but would like to hear what others think. Im far from an EK expert, so if I am wrong (which there is a good chance)....hopefully I can learn something new.
    Thanks,
    Bill

(I have sent a message to seller, letting him know I have started a thread)

Thread: EK1 - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 on the Classifieds Forum  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 on the Classifieds Forum
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK1 on the Classifieds Forum

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for voicing your concerns and you're quite right to start a thread, as anyone is if they see something for sale here they think might need looking at.
    In this instance however, you have nothing to worry about. The cross is an original Meybauer. The shape of the pin is quite unique to this maker and easily recognisable as are the dates. It has a typical pyramid swastika too. If the seller accepted PayPal I would've snapped it up earlier today when I first saw it but it's a good buy to anyone stateside.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Awesome Adrian, thank you very much! I am not familiar with such a swastika and I am glad I learned somehting here. I appreciate the quick reply!

?

No worries Bill. There's no shame in asking, we all learn from asking our own questions and from the questions of others!

?

Youre right Adrian, especially when it comes to items that are frequently faked I guess! Now I just hope I was the 1st to respond to the sellers ad! haha Thanks again

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Youre right Adrian, especially when it comes to items that are frequently faked I guess! Now I just hope I was the 1st to respond to the sellers ad! haha Thanks again
    I hope you were the first to respond as well Bill!
    It would be a very nice addition to your collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That is a lovely example Bill, the swas pedestal is very striking on this one

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

So...... the EK is marked as sold...... did you get lucky Bill?

Geez I saw this one last night when if first came up on my screen, I would have bought straight away as well had he accepted paypal. Did you manage to get it Bill ?

Wow! an EK1 in that condition for $100 don't see that every day. Hope all goes well with the transaction.

Kirby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast