Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!

Article about: Hí Welcome to the forum IMO the Ek1 is mm 65 K & Q "C" type iron core ant second cross mm 65 EK2 is "'A" type core

Default EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!

Well im sorry to bother you guys with yet another "is it real" question, I bought these two EK together, they looked good (in my eyes) and i trusted the guy.

But I really would like a second opinion from people with more experience than I have.

Hope this will help.
    Both have a magnetic core.
    EK 2 has a loose center, 3 piece ?

EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!

And for fun, as a bonus my grandads and great grandads Medals. Hes got the documents with most of them.
    My grandfather is still alive and kicking, rides his bicycle to buy groceries, tends the garden and writes books.

EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!

Thanks for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 and EK2 Maker mark 65. To good to be true ? And for fun, grandads Decorations aswell!
    P
    Many

Both look like nice K&Q examples

Congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Congratulations, and your great grandfather's awards are supurb. I wish that my grandfather was still alive, so that he could tell me about his service as an Officer in the Royal Prussian Armee; unfortunately he passed on back in 1948. Back then I never thought about talking with him about it, as I did not learn about his service until after his passing; I was thirteen at the time.

?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.

Both your EKs are original and by the firm of Klein & Quenzer.

Good to see some family awards too, please try and take some individual pics of them and start some threads about them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

very nice EKs,and great family display. welcome here.

Woolgar and harryamb2
    Great to hear you confirmation and thank you!

Richard
    Thank you, yes those are some very nice ones, even better that he still has the documents that came with them and photos wearing them except the "Erdkampfabzeichen".
    Hes very open about the war and has written his war story and given to all of his grandchildren, including his diary both as a soldier and a POW. Also the diary of my grandmothers brother who died in ´44 in the Ukraine, very intresting aswell.
    My great grandfather was a hobby photographer and took allot of photographs during the invasion of France, they are really really neat!
    No combat pictures ofcourse, but everyday soldier live. He died in ´44 aswell.
    Yes it a shame with your grandfather, but understandable, I wasent very interested when i was 13 even if I knew about his story.

Adrian
    Thank you very much! and i m sorry i dont have any good ones, and to make matters worse, hes in Germany but im in Iceland.
    But maybe sometime when I got some time a can scan in a few pics of him wearing them, and write down some notes, where he served and when he got the medals and so forth.

Thank for your help

Welcome to the forum and thank you.

I love to see family groups like this, it make such a welcome change from seeing photographs with a question of "is it real?".
    If you or your family ever decide to let his story go public, then I for one would dearly love to read it.

Regards - Danny

Danny
    Hehe well you never know
    But not online at least, hes against the internet, says its run by the Americans to spy on everybody haha.
    (but weirdly enough, coming from a man who never owned a CPU, he may just be right)

Very nice K&Q crosses.

What is really ironic here are the similarities between our grandparents. My grandfather was also an armature photographer and I still have his old camera from the early 1900's. As for myself, I was a U.S. Army Combat Photographer during the Korean wartime period. I'm happy for you and your family that they wrote things down, wonderful history for the family to cherish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast