Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 L/11 Deumer

Article about: I have to say I do enjoy perusing online dealer's websites. from the comfort of your own home you can sift anonymously through 1000's of digital images of TR trinkets, baubles and other shin

Default EK1 L/11 Deumer

I have to say I do enjoy perusing online dealer's websites. from the comfort of your own home you can sift anonymously through 1000's of digital images of TR trinkets, baubles and other shiny do-dads. Many is the hour (every day really) where I religously go over the offerings, noting prices, conditions and relative rarity of the pieces on display, and compare such with my own collecting needs.

As is my want, I often sit down with an adult beverage of some sort and enjoy a few hours of online investigation of the latest offerings from those dealers I have come to know as being trust worthy and upright citizens of our hobby. Hence the good Mr Butschek's latest auction (where I picked up a nice early SS/Freikorps ring) gave me the opportunity to slip into the parcel with no additional shipping charges this rather tasty Deumer EK1.

I may be known as having an eye for mint pieces and that is generally a fair accusation as I will be first to admit that when it comes to the amassing of collectables for my framed wall displays I do prefer only the freshest, shiniest pieces I can locate. However, with the opening of IKEA here in town and my purchase of two of the famed DETOLF display cabinets, my headgear collection has now found a home and with that the less-minty of my collection has found employment as companion display items alongside my generally less-than-minty helmets.

Hence a ubiquitous EK1 was desired and I believe i have found a nice example with this L/11 Deumer. What caught my eye is the nice condition with a tasteful amount of patina coupled with the fact that the award is slightly vaulted. I hope you guys like it as much as I do!

EK1 L/11 Deumer

EK1 L/11 Deumer

Just the right amount of age for my liking.

EK1 L/11 Deumer

EK1 L/11 Deumer

Typical Deumer hardware.

EK1 L/11 Deumer

The all important maker mark.

EK1 L/11 Deumer

Easily discernable level of vaulting.

EK1 L/11 Deumer

View from the 9 o'clock arm detailing the lifting of the frame due to the process of vaulting the award.

EK1 L/11 Deumer

View from the 6 o'clock arm...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 L/11 Deumer
    P
    Many

Well played Glenn she is yummy

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It's a beauty!!!! Good buy Glenn. Leon.

nice cased one.

A very nice cased example Glenn!
    Congrats!
    Is the case marked as well?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A very nice cased example Glenn!
    Congrats!
    Is the case marked as well?
    Ralph.
    I'm afraid not, the case is unmarked and is in fact the case from an earler L/55 EK1 purchase. With there being no way of knowing which case should be matched with which award I can't imagine any harm being done by switching and swapping as per my needs. A fact that has probably occurred innumerable times since the original award of this EK in the first place.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I have to say I do enjoy perusing online dealer's websites. from the comfort of your own home you can sift anonymously through 1000's of digital images of TR trinkets, baubles and other shiny do-dads. Many is the hour (every day really) where I religously go over the offerings, noting prices, conditions and relative rarity of the pieces on display, and compare such with my own collecting needs.

As is my want, I often sit down with an adult beverage of some sort and enjoy a few hours of online investigation of the latest offerings from those dealers I have come to know as being trust worthy and upright citizens of our hobby. Hence the good Mr Butschek's latest auction (where I picked up a nice early SS/Freikorps ring) gave me the opportunity to slip into the parcel with no additional shipping charges this rather tasty Deumer EK1.

I may be known as having an eye for mint pieces and that is generally a fair accusation as I will be first to admit that when it comes to the amassing of collectables for my framed wall displays I do prefer only the freshest, shiniest pieces I can locate. However, with the opening of IKEA here in town and my purchase of two of the famed DETOLF display cabinets, my headgear collection has now found a home and with that the less-minty of my collection has found employment as companion display items alongside my generally less-than-minty helmets.

Hence a ubiquitous EK1 was desired and I believe i have found a nice example with this L/11 Deumer. What caught my eye is the nice condition with a tasteful amount of patina coupled with the fact that the award is slightly vaulted. I hope you guys like it as much as I do!
    Blimey Glenn! I told you never to post while wearing a blazer and cravat! You go all up market on us!

Nice vaulted cross though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Blimey Glenn! I told you never to post while wearing a blazer and cravat! You go all up market on us!
    Class...if you've got it, it's just so hard to hide!

?

I know how it feels, I'll teach you one day.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lovely Deumer, Glenn!

Regards