Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Ek1 l13

Article about: Hello guys i spotted this cross, and i cant decide if it is good or bad, i dont intend to buy, just was wondering as it has a square catch, not correct to this maker and a cut out piece on t

?

Default Ek1 l13

Hello guys i spotted this cross, and i cant decide if it is good or bad, i dont intend to buy, just was wondering as it has a square catch, not correct to this maker and a cut out piece on the top left of the pin.

Cheers

Rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ek1 13.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	359770  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ek1 l13

can you post the front?

i don't feel totally awesome about the back. and the catch, as you say, is not the one you usually see.

?

Yes mate here you go, the issue i have with the front is the heavy wear on the beading, but the dates match ok imo

Cheers

Rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	359771  

Looks a good original to me , a replaced catch for sure, do you have a shot of the obverse?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The obverse looks fine too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Ah cool cheers Nick just wasnt sure on this one

yes, that's it... the catch basically having been replaced.

?

Original Meybauer for me too. It looks like it's been on a tunic for a good amount of time, it's vaulted and the worn beading should not be viewed as a fault, more of an indicator to a worn and used cross.