Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.

Article about: Hi all, I've recently bought this EK1 from a reputable dealer. I have to question it's authenticity due to some alarming features. The box looks to be good until i removed the inner. It seem

Default EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.

Hi all, I've recently bought this EK1 from a reputable dealer. I have to question it's authenticity due to some alarming features. The box looks to be good until i removed the inner. It seems to be made from MDF and has glue that is still tacky. The brass fittings look new too. The cross looks ok but has been treated with what looks like gun blue on the rear. The pin doesn't look right either. The frames don't align in places. What have i got here?. I've paid £150 for this potential fake, although the dealer has offered me a full refund. I'd like some opinions on this before i send it back, hence the urgent request. Many thanks in advance, Scott.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.   EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.  

EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.   EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.  

EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.   EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.
    P
    Many

?

Send it back Scott. The whole set is garbage.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi all. I've taken some outdoor shots of the cross for better definition. If the cross turns out to be ok, i'll keep it, as i can live with the box. The cross has no maker marks by the way. Scott.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.   EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.  

I would agree with Adrian on this one.

A poor copy indeed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Somemore shots on a better camera.EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.EK1 Real or Fake. help needed quite urgently.

?

No matter how many photos we see, it doesn't change the fact it is a fake plain and simple.

Thanks Adrian, I just wanted to use a better camera to show how shite this thing was. Although i can get my money back, i feel physically sick. I'm not an expert and even i had doubts as soon as i saw it in the flesh. that's one more dealer off my list.

?

Always post before purchase, especially if you're a newcomer to collecting.
    It saves a lot of hassle and saves you money.

Hí Scott the pictures very good ,but unfortunately cross and the box not
    Sorry