Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 (24) REAL or as fake as mother in laws smile......

Article about: hi everyone, im new to collecting EK2s and ive been reading your posts for quite a while and you obviously know your fakes from real. so can someone please I.D this for me and also explain t

Default EK2 (24) REAL or as fake as mother in laws smile......

hi everyone, im new to collecting EK2s and ive been reading your posts for quite a while and you obviously know your fakes from real. so can someone please I.D this for me and also explain the charicteristics (sorry if my spellings wrong) of a schinkel cross as thats what im looking for next, and also (sorry to be a pain) a rough price of how much i should prepare to part with for a nice example....btw my cross i got it for swapping a deact revolver as tbh i prefer the history behind medals. anyways thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing from you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 (24) REAL or as fake as mother in laws smile......
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK2 (24) REAL or as fake as mother in laws smile......

David, welcome to the forum and for posting your cross.
    The EK2 you show is absolutely genuine and original so no worries there. It is marked '24' for the maker 'Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plaket-ten-hersteller' you might also look on the small suspension ring which is soldered to the top of the cross and see if there are any other small marks there. A feature of this maker was they sometimes stamped a small motif on this ring - no-one knows exactly why. There is a thread here regarding them.
    Schinkel crosses are a slightly different shape to a regular 1939 cross. The arms are thinner, and flare towards the ends, much like the Imperial shape.
    I've attached a pic below of a Schinkel, a regular and an Ubergrosse cross with their respective measurements to give you an idea of the differences in shape.
    The prices vary depending on where you shop but a rough estimate will be around €250.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 (24) REAL or as fake as mother in laws smile......  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

thank you very much for the reply Adrian, i cant any marks on the ring below but i wasnt sure about its authenticity even after seeing if it was magnetic. but now i feel alot better after someone with more knowledge has given it a thumbs up..... ahhh and now i see the differance....the schinkel is alot more delicate looking but tbh id never know one by sight, id have to compair it with mine. thank you very much for giving me peace of mind and teaching me the differance. take care.

actually ill double check the suspension ring when im next at home as the more i read that thread the more i think....have i missed anything!? so a shinkel will cost me around £200 as im in the UK.....best not tell the missus lol. thanks again take care

?

Quote by Davidcwjones View Post
    actually ill double check the suspension ring when im next at home as the more i read that thread the more i think....have i missed anything!? so a shinkel will cost me around £200 as im in the UK.....best not tell the missus lol. thanks again take care
    I gave the Euro price as most of the main dealers closest to us are continental. They can be found cheaper and below €200 if you look around, the price I gave was the top end of what you should be looking to pay. If you find one, post it here for the guys to take a look at before you part with any hard earned cash.

to be honest i use dandb militaria as they seem to be able to source anything.....i want a schinkel but i keep looking at KVK medals..... but im in love with EK2s atm soo many to collect lol. thanks and ill let you know what im eyeing up.

Nice cross Dave, and nice to see another northerner on the forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

to be honest i use dandb militaria as they seem to be able to source anything.....
    I've never come across them before Dave but be aware there are many other sellers/sealers out there so spread your wings and shop around. You'll be surprised at how much stuff there is on the market.

they mainley deal with deacts tbh but jamie cross militaria has a schinkel that im watching but it seems expensive.....check it out but for 230 im a little out of my budget lol. hey stickgrenade tbh i thought i was the only one lol..... were abouts are you from mate?

?

they mainley deal with deacts tbh but jamie cross militaria has a schinkel that im watching but it seems expensive.....check it out but for 230 im a little out of my budget lol. hey stickgrenade tbh i thought i was the only one lol..... were abouts are you from mate?
    Jaime Cross...... Hmm......

Markus Schulze has one in similar condition for €185.......

It's a nice part of the country up in the North East. I visit Durham every couple of months, never been to Darlington though. I usually head up to Hadrian's Wall or the Kielder Forest but next week I'm going to take a look around Raby Castle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast