Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 Franz Petzl

Article about: Haha, I fully understand. Any items of mine are in a fulltime display in a box in a cupboard too...

Default EK2 Franz Petzl

My latest arrival, this maker marked '120' I like the nice wide stamps on these

hope you like her

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Franz Petzl   EK2 Franz Petzl  

EK2 Franz Petzl  
    Attached Images Attached Images EK2 Franz Petzl 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Franz Petzl
    P
    Many

Default re: EK2 Franz Petzl

Nick, its Franz not Frank, I have a "120" brought back from Italy in 1944, by my late father-in-law who served in the 1st Army, took it from a POW in Naples, also "Franz Petzl" is, I believe still in business in Wein, making badges...I show an "Austrian" car badge bearing his name from the 70's, also bought by my father-in-law whilst on holiday in Vienna, purely by coincidence !......I only found this out after he passed on and I inherited the EK and the auto badge ! Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Franz Petzl   EK2 Franz Petzl  

Last edited by oradour; 10-11-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Default re: EK2 Franz Petzl

Great makers mark!

Default Re: EK2 Franz Petzl

Thread title now corrected.

Cheers, Ade.

Steve, thanks for the correction and the interesting information on this maker and what a coincidence

@Ade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Another good addition to your ever growing collection Nick. Nice find.
    As a point of interest and I don't know who will agree with me but of all the double marked EK2s I've seen, the majority seem to from Franz Petzl. It may just be coincidence but something I've never really given much though to until now.
    Anyway, here's mine, with just one mark......

Attached Images Attached Images EK2 Franz Petzl 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Great cross, Nick.
    How many in the collection now?

Quote by Snni View Post
    Great cross, Nick.
    How many in the collection now?
    Hi Sonny, 31 EK2s and 3 EK1 , not as exciting collection as yours as there are no LDOs

@ Adrian, a very nice '120' you have there

Nick

31 EK's?!? Nick, have you shown how you display so many crosses? Is there a link I can follow for some inspiration?

Glenn

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    31 EK's?!? Nick, have you shown how you display so many crosses? Is there a link I can follow for some inspiration?

Glenn
    Hi Glenn

Unfortunately I dont display them as my wife wont have them on show around the house

I keep them in boxes and bring them out every now and then

Sonny and Adrian have even more in their collections!!

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast