Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 marked up 13

Article about: Can anyone please tell me any Information on my EK2??? Who made it? Where? etc etc? How many different makers were there? and what is the rarest maker and number??? How does The condition of

?

Thumbs up EK2 marked up 13

EK2 marked up 13EK2 marked up 13
    Can anyone please tell me any Information on my EK2??? Who made it? Where? etc etc? How many different makers were there? and what is the rarest maker and number??? How does The condition of my EK2 compare with everybody elses?? I've seen a picture of somebody elses on a different thread which was in mint condition, its like new!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 marked up 13
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK2 marked up 13

Hi ringo. Welcome to the forum.
    Your cross is made by Gustav Brehmer Markneukirchen/Sa, maker 13.
    The condition of your cross are good. Some makers are easy to find in mint condition.
    My best crosses are W&L, Maker 100. They are found in perfect condition.
    There are many rare crosses, like Schinkel B, Übergrosse + Littlebrother, LDO marked examples and some other "normal" Ek's.
    Uncommen are 14,19,22,56,60,66,125 and others I can't remember
    My advise will be to study the old threads in this forum and you will learn much.
    And always remember to ask when there is something you have doubt about.

Welcome to the forum Mukka ! I used to live and work near Workington. Have a look at the makers thread at the top of this forum ! The rarest makers are the ones you cant find! I have 45 makers and still need another 6 or 7 !

Some people love mint crosses and some love aged ones, I love both but I tend to have a soft spot for the minty!

Here is my marked '13' Gustav Brehmer

Good luck in your collecting and always ask for advice here before you buy

Edit: Arggh sorry the one without the ribbon is a 113 please ignore!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 marked up 13   EK2 marked up 13  

Attached Images Attached Images EK2 marked up 13  EK2 marked up 13 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello nick, we don't say mukka up here it's 'alreet marra' ha ha ha!!!!!Thanks for the info an advice its much appreciated. I like your EK2 bud very much. Do you have to pay alot more for one in such a good condition?? and where did you come by it??? How many do you own

?

Quote by ringo View Post
    Can anyone please tell me any Information on my EK2??? Who made it? Where? etc etc? How many different makers were there? and what is the rarest maker and number??? How does The condition of my EK2 compare with everybody elses?? I've seen a picture of somebody elses on a different thread which was in mint condition, its like new!!!!!
    Hi Ringo,
    Again, welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.
    There is a list of award manufacturers here. Not all of these made the Eisernes Kreuz however. The LDO marked crosses tend to be rarer due to the fact fewer were marked as such but on the flip side of that they can be common if you don't get a marked example. Sonny has given you a list of the most generally considered rare EKs but as Nick said, the rarest are the ones still to find.
    Some mint crosses are more expensive, it just depends on who is selling!
    Here is my marked '13' cross for you to compare yours to. Brehmer EKs generally tend to be in good to excellent condition because they hold their finish extremely well. Not all makers perfected this technique however.
    If you have any questions, please ask, especially if you need advice on a potential purchase.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 marked up 13   EK2 marked up 13  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Talking Re: EK2 marked up 13

Thanks alot Adrian, I've just looked at the link to all the makers etc!!!!! Hell she would kill me if I started to collect one of each I'm enjoying being on this forum as I've never realy talked to liked minded people. The missus thinks I'm nuts, I dragged her round Dachu November gone.

?

Quote by ringo View Post
    Thanks alot Adrian, I've just looked at the link to all the makers etc!!!!! Hell she would kill me if I started to collect one of each I'm enjoying being on this forum as I've never realy talked to liked minded people. The missus thinks I'm nuts, I dragged her round Dachu November gone.
    The first trick of collecting is not to tell the missus. Nick and Sonny are old masters at keeping closet collections.
    Don't forget that not all of the hundreds of makers listed made EKs so you can reduce the number quite a bit. Here is a list of the definite PKZ makers I've collected which is about as complete as you will likely get.

1 - Deschler
    2 - Juncker (unmarked)
    3 - Deumer
    4 - Steinhauer & Luck
    5 - Herman Wernstein (?)
    6 - Fritz Zimmermann
    7 - Paul Meybauer
    11 - Grossman & Co
    13 - Gustav Brehmer
    14 - L. Chr. Lauer
    15 - Friedrich Orth
    16 - Alois Rettenmaier
    19 - E. Ferd Weidmann
    21 - Gebr. Godet & Co
    22 - Boerger & Co
    23 - Arbeitsgemeinschaft fur Heereshedarf darf In der Graveur-u. Ziseleurinnung
    24 - Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plaket-ten-hersteller
    25 - Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-Gold-und Silberschemiede-Innungen
    27 - Anton Schenkl
    38 - Unknown (?)
    40 - Berg & Nolte
    44 - Jakob Bengel
    52 - Gottlieb & Wagner
    55 - J. E. Hammer & Sohne
    56 - Robert Hauschild
    60 - Katz & Deyhle
    65 - Klein & Quenzer
    66 - Friedrich Keller
    75 - Unknown
    76 - Ernst L. Muller
    86 - Paulmann & Crone
    93 - Richard Simm & Sohne
    98 - Rudolf Souval
    100 - Wachtler & Lange
    106 - Bruder Schneider
    109 - Walter & Hentein (Unmarked but in correct packet for this maker)
    113 - Hermann Aurich
    120 - Franz Petzl
    122 - JJ. Stahl
    123 - Beck, Hassinger & Co.
    125 - Eugen Gauss
    128 - S. Jablonski
    132 - Franz Reischauer
    137 - J.H. Werner
    138 - Julius Maurer

There are a few crosses yet to be identified to a particular maker so the final list will probably be slightly longer.
    There are also the variants and LDO crosses to get as well - as Sonny mentioned earlier.
    Did you take any pics at Dachau? I went around Sachsenhausen last December - I'll get round to posting the photos soon.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by ringo View Post
    Hello nick, we don't say mukka up here it's 'alreet marra' ha ha ha!!!!!Thanks for the info an advice its much appreciated. I like your EK2 bud very much. Do you have to pay alot more for one in such a good condition?? and where did you come by it??? How many do you own
    Of course Marra not Mukka ! I have been away from Cumbria for too long!!!

Here is my collection but there are 8 more EK2s to add to it now! Adrian and Sonny have even bigger and more impressive collections!

Looking forward to seeing your concentration camp visit pics guys, here I am in Belsen a few years ago now!!!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 marked up 13  
    Attached Images Attached Images EK2 marked up 13 
    Last edited by Woolgar; 01-25-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

EK2 marked up 13EK2 marked up 13EK2 marked up 13Here's me at Dachau back in November '10. I took my Lass to Munich for her birthday for a long weekend!!! It just so happened that Dachau was close by........ what a coincedence eh!!!!!!!!!!!