Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 mm 49. Warning

Article about: by AMTG You were saying these are original crosses stamped with a "49"......are the flaws in the actual cross period??? I'm just a little confused No, fake cross and non existant m

Default EK2 mm 49. Warning

Watch out for these Floch fake '49's' doing the rounds at the moment guys !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 mm 49. Warning   EK2 mm 49. Warning  

Attached Images Attached Images EK2 mm 49. Warning  EK2 mm 49. Warning 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 mm 49. Warning
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK2 mm 49. Warning

Thanks for posting this one Nick. First of all you will never find an original '49' marked EK2, they don't exist. The only EK2s marked with '49' are fakes such as the above or an original cross post war marked to make it a 'rare' maker.
    These fakes are quite easy to spot from the inner corner beading. You can just make out some tiny 'X's on the inner corner points nearest the swastika (as pointed out by the red arrows). If you see an EK2 with these tiny 'X's then walk away and leave it alone. Note also the bead count along each arm is quite low, and also the distinctive beading pattern on the bottom righthand inner corner beading (within the green circle).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 mm 49. Warning   EK2 mm 49. Warning  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you gents, very useful information, and expertly highlighted by your post Adrian. Thanks.

Regards,

Carl

vey well known fake of course. For sure it can fool someone. Especially beginners.

Thank you Nick and Adrian, it would have fooled me, I may have had a fake for my second EKII

Thanks for the warning
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks guys!

Regards

Thanks guys,
    I came very close to getting burned by one of those Floch 49's back when I started collecting.... I saw the 49 mark and thought I had found a rare one, jumped on it, put it on hold and was just about to pay when something made me pause and do a little research....
    Boy, was I glad when I realised what it was!
    Never made that mistake again.

Regards - Danny

?

You were saying these are original crosses stamped with a "49"......are the flaws in the actual cross period??? I'm just a little confused

Quote by AMTG View Post
    You were saying these are original crosses stamped with a "49"......are the flaws in the actual cross period??? I'm just a little confused
    Adrian is saying some crosses are original with the stamp added post war. Most, including the one on this thread are fake for the reasons Adrian has highlighted

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast