Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 mm L/58?

Article about: Hello All, Posting this cross on behalf of a friend who is looking for info on it. I can't quite make it out, but it appears to be marked L/58 (Souval) Is this correct? Perfectly authentic l

Default EK2 mm L/58?

Hello All,

Posting this cross on behalf of a friend who is looking for info on it. I can't quite make it out, but it appears to be marked L/58 (Souval) Is this correct? Perfectly authentic looking to me but it this is outside of my collecting focus. We are curious if this is in fact the maker and whether common or scarce.

Many Thanks!
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 mm L/58?   EK2 mm L/58?  

EK2 mm L/58?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 mm L/58?
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2 mm L/58?

Hi Adam

Its not a Souval, the inner corners are not rounded enough.

Could be a '123'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

nicks right its not a L/58
    not a expert but i can see a 125 eugen gauss

tom

?

It is marked L/58, compare to mine below but I believe is a post war made Souval cross. It looks like a Souval core but the frames are not what is known and accepted to be made prior to May 1945. Please post better, closer pics of the cross and makers mark and post them the right way up.

Also, take a look at this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 mm L/58?   EK2 mm L/58?  

Attached Images Attached Images EK2 mm L/58? 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I dont think I have seen your L/58 before Adrian, very nice

Question; How did you get the maker mark L/58 from Adams cross??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Question; How did you get the maker mark L/58 from Adams cross??

Nick
    That;'s just what I'm seeing in the photo, hopefully Adam can post some better pics to confirm.

must be my computer but i can't see a L/58 on adams but i can see a L/58 on yours adrian (and i like it)

tom

Thanks for all the responses, guys! Even though hard to make out and with these photos, I do believe it's marked L/58... hard for me to read it as anything else except maybe L/53. I'll see if my friend can get better photos.

Best,
    Adam

?

Here's another look at the marker mark with my L/58 below it, I've enlarged and sharpened the original image......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 mm L/58?  

You are spot on again Adrian What a good eye!

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast