Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EK2 No MM

Article about: So there are good news thanks Adrian. The Wiedmanns are nice crosses as you all showed, not in my top list but I fond them nice and interesting.

?

Default EK2 No MM

Heres another without a MM. I normally am not looking for unmarked crosses because you can accumulate so many but I have a hard time turning away once Ive held it. It has a very nice patina like you find on many Imperial crosses so I grabbed it. Any thoughts on a maker? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md 015.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	181187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md 014.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	181188

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2 No MM

Interesting, the '1813' is not level and the Hakenkreutz seems to have very thin arms. I look forward to seeing what the experts have to say.

?

It looks like a standard Steinhauer & Luck to me.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It looks like a standard Steinhauer & Luck to me.
    My thoughts exactly Adrian, with lovely dark patina

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Interesting cross and very nice. It seems to me an early Wiedmann, especially the back date remember me this manufacturer.
    I don't exclude that frame has a low portion of silver but it's just a thought, probably it 's another metal that give this nice patina.

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Interesting cross and very nice. It seems to me an early Wiedmann, especially the back date remember me this manufacturer.
    I don't exclude that frame has a low portion of silver but it's just a thought, probably it 's another metal that give this nice patina.
    Interesting Fabri. I'll compare it to mine when I get home this evening.

?

You guys are the best! The nice patina on the frame is what attracted me to this one. I think it has silver content as well. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to compare it with crosses in your collections as I dont have as many to compare with.

Here is my marked Wiedman to compare (if you can see through my poor photography)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hats off to you Fabri! Good eye, I completely agree with you based upon the '3' in '1813' and also the small flaw on the second '1' in '1813'. A standard S&L frame used by this maker but not the core.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EK219OB.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	181246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EK219REV.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	181247  

?

Wild guys! Good detective work! So we have a S&L frame with a E. Ferdinand Wiedmann core!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast