Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 Spange.

Article about: Hello All, Reviving this old thread rather than creating a new one for my purposes. Just looking for a little help here... My friend sent these photos of a spange found in the oddest of anti

Default EK2 Spange.

Hello All,

Reviving this old thread rather than creating a new one for my purposes. Just looking for a little help here... My friend sent these photos of a spange found in the oddest of antique shops here in California and wanted to buy. He sent me photos of some other items that were dubious and so I am skeptical (and simply uneducated here.) Original? If so, what are examples like this realistically going for these days? I think he said it was $45 or something. If non-original then perhaps this will be nice, informative contrast to Jock's very fine example.

Thanks for any help and best all

Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Spange.   EK2 Spange.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Spange.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK2 Spange.

Very fake Adam. Huge flaw on the eagles wing which would never be seen on an original and the reverse is a complete fantasy. The pin fitting is something you will never find on the reverse of one of these awards. It is a cast fake as you can see by the reverse surface and the remains of where the pins were on the original.

I've created a new thread as it deals with a new Spange and has nothing to do with the Spange in the original thread you posted on.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: EK2 Spange.

Many thanks for the information, Adrian. What was most suspect for me here was actually the rollover safety clasp. I have to admit I am uneducated here... Is it correct that these types of clasps and catches shouldn't appear on a majority of TR items? There may be something very elementary here that I am missing (i.e., when the rollover safety clasp was developed.)

Thanks again!

Adam