Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Ekii

Article about: Hi there, I'm after my first EKII and have seen a few but the price varies loads. I know obviously if one is in mint condition it would fetch more, but these are all roughly the same conditi

Default Ekii

Hi there, I'm after my first EKII and have seen a few but the price varies loads. I know obviously if one is in mint condition it would fetch more, but these are all roughly the same condition. They're maker marked: '65' '113' '44' '100' '106' and '4'. Are any of these rarer to find than the others please? Cheers Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ekii

Hi Jay, good question.
    There are so many variables with a question like this but basically a solid, original EK2 with a maker mark should set you back in the region of 70.
    The makers you listed above are fairly common, the '106' and '113' possibly slightly rarer and out of those, the '100' - Wachtler & Lange are very easy to find and very often in mint condition with the frosting intact. I would pay more for a rare maker in used condition than I would for a common cross in mint condition so obviously desirability is a factor.
    Look around different dealer sites for a feel of the prices, they do vary but if in doubt, just ask.

?

I agree with Adrian, I can just add that value of frosted EKs is normally a bit more than others and IMO mm 106 is not so easy to find.
    I think it 's not possible to say more without pics.

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Hi Jay, good question.
    There are so many variables with a question like this but basically a solid, original EK2 with a maker mark should set you back in the region of 70.
    The makers you listed above are fairly common, the '106' and '113' possibly slightly rarer and out of those, the '100' - Wachtler & Lange are very easy to find and very often in mint condition with the frosting intact. I would pay more for a rare maker in used condition than I would for a common cross in mint condition so obviously desirability is a factor.
    Look around different dealer sites for a feel of the prices, they do vary but if in doubt, just ask.
    I agree with Adrian but you will have to be sharp to find a mm EK2 for 70 Euros IMO

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

yea the ones I've seen are all around 90 euro without p&p. Thanks for all your help once again everyone Jay

?

I will say around 80€ for a mm EK2, but I if see a nice one for 90€, I'll take that one also.. I don't really care. It's not that much more.

Quote by Snni View Post
    I will say around 80 for a mm EK2, but I if see a nice one for 90, I'll take that one also.. I don't really care. It's not that much more.
    Good advice
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem