Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EKII advice please

Article about: This will go for up for sale on Thursday and I am interested in possibly trying to pick it up.......About all I know is that it is an EKII. All I have to go on is the photographs and won't b

Default EKII advice please

This will go for up for sale on Thursday and I am interested in possibly trying to pick it up.......About all I know is that it is an EKII. All I have to go on is the photographs and won't be able to hold and inspect prior to the sale. From these photos, can you glean any information as to whether or not these are real or fake? If real, what would be a possible value in US? $50-100??? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKII advice please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EKII advice please

Hello and welcome.
    This is an original cross by the unknown maker '75'. You can find these marked an unmarked which is how we can attribute it to a particular maker even though the name of that maker is not known. It's in fairly untidy condition and I guess missing the ribbon so maybe worth around $70 at the top end, certainly not as much as $100.
    You can compare to my marked '75' below.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EKII advice please   EKII advice please  

EKII advice please  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Adrian on this one, it's a '75' in very well worn condition.
    Very distinctive features, but IMO one of the more ugly style EK2's out there.

?

They definitely won't win any prizes in a beauty contest but because of the 'rustic' design I think they have their own charm. It also goes to show how wide ranging quality control was. Compare a '75' with a Godet for example and you have two crosses poles apart in terms of execution of design.

Thanks for the info guys, I guess if the price is right (estate sale) I will try to pick it up

A '75' indeed. I have always been fascinated with this mysterious, uncomely cross. We should start an appreciarion thread

Here is my example. (poor photo as usual)

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images EKII advice please  EKII advice please 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The wide frame and chunky ribbing give it away as a 75?

The odd curvature of the inner beading and the absolute uniqueness of the dates do it for me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

These are a stand alone crosses for me, instantly recognisable, no other manufacturer produced a cross with dates and beading like this. I don't think the frame is a 'wide frame' as we know it and nor is the beading particularly chunky, it's just 'different'. I'm not sure there is another cross that comes close to this one.

I called the estate auction first thing this morning when it opened to inquire on price and they were asking $165 US. Just called them back a few minutes ago and it was still available (8 hours later). Usually on the second day of an estate sale, they will lower the price. I will offer them $70 US tomorrow and see if they will take it. I will certainly not pay more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast