Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)

Article about: Here are my L/12, so you can see how it should look like.

?

Default Floch..FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this was discovered a fake cross

Oh well, better luck next time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)   EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)  

EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)   EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)  

EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)   EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)  

Last edited by Spund; 07-18-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Technical difficulties

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EKII C.E. Junker (Marked)

I can't see the pics at the moment but Juncker EK2s were never marked with a '2'. The only marked EK2s from this maker are L/12, marked on the frame.

I cant see pics either and Adrian is correct about the number markings

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

According to wehrmacht-awards.com 2 is C.E. Junker's Firm #. Found a clear "2" on my suspension ring.

?

That is correct, CE Juncker was designated the PKZ number '2' but they never marked their EK2s with anything other than L/12 which was stamped on the top edge of the frame on the reverse. Any cross marked on the ring should be considered post war stamped.
    Not all makers stamped their crosses with their makers number, Paulmann & Crone was one such maker. There are also several crosses which haven't been identified to makers yet because they weren't stamped.

Basically the award manufacturers were given a Präsidialkanzlei (PKZ) number, for example Deschler was number 1, Juncker was number 2, right through to A.D. Schwert who was number 142. Some makers were authorized to make EKs, some weren't. In addition, certain manufacturers were granted an LDO license to make awards for private purchase and given an LDO number.
    This had no relation to their PKZ number. These companies were allowed to make awards for private purchase and had to mark them with their 'L' number.
    So, Deumer made EKs marked '3' and also 'L/11'. The awards marked '3' were used as award pieces and issued in the field, at award ceremonies etc. The pieces marked 'L/11' were sold directly from Deumer or from approved outlets for awardees who wished to buy another example of their award. An EK recipient might want to keep his award medal at home, at barracks, send it to his wife or parents etc. He might then also wish to have an example court mounted for use on this best uniform, so he would go the maker or an outlet that sold EKs, provide proof he was entitled to the award and purchase an LDO marked cross.
    LDO numbered awards are significantly rarer than their PKZ marked counterparts due to the quantities of each made (or marked) in relation to one another. LDO awards will often be found in good quality cases made specifically for the piece whereas PKZ examples came in the blue paper envelope.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks for posting the pics............. unfortunately this is a well known fake cross. It is known as a Floch and they are very common reproductions. If you do a seach in this forum you will find many references to them and plenty of photos to compare. Therefore, there is no value to it on the collectors market.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics............. unfortunately this is a well known fake cross. It is known as a Floch and they are very common reproductions. If you do a seach in this forum you will find many references to them and plenty of photos to compare. Therefore, there is no value to it on the collectors market.
    Dang! Well a hit and a miss, oh well thank you very much...time to find a real one!

?

Quote by Spund View Post
    Dang! Well a hit and a miss, oh well thank you very much...time to find a real one!
    There are plenty about!

Wow this EK would have fooled me for sure !!!!
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Only the Lazy Juncker Knight'c Cross and the German Crosses are marked as "2" as far as I remember.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast