Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ekii-- maker??

Article about: BTW Adrian....nice close-up pics! I cant get my POS digital camera to get nice close up shots

?

Default Ekii-- maker??

Hey guys,
    Just picked up another EK2, this one is Unmarked and was pretty cheap. pics probly need to be clicked and enlarged for a good veiw. I was hoping some1 could help me identify the maker?? I was told it could be a "109", but it doesnt seem to have the right characteristics of one. My guess is S&L...but im fairly new at identifying crosses. One things for sure....it looks better in person than in my pics! Thanks for any opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ekii-- maker??   Ekii-- maker??  

Ekii-- maker??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ekii-- maker??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ekii-- maker??

i know its not the best EK2, but I still would like to know the maker. thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ekii-- maker??  

?

I would guess at an S&L too, not sure about the core though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks adrian! I agree with the S&L.....I just cant figure out the core either. Do you agree with me that it doesnt look like a 109 tho?? or am I wrong about that? The 109s i have seen have the pronounced "balls" at the end of the 9s and 3. This sort of has em, but not as pronounced as others...so i dunno.? Thanks for the reassuance on the frame tho

?

I've never seen a marked '109' and I'm fairly sure no-one else has either so it's a little tricky to nail a definite cross to this maker. There are crosses that are thought to be from Walter Henlein but as I said, impossible to be absolutely sure. I'll post my example that came with a packet a bit later to compare.

?

that would be great! Id appreciate that. Ya, like you, I have only seen unmarked 109 examples and thought they were all unmarked. But that is the only lead or input that I have gotten on the core so far.....so it was worth a shot at trying to figure it out. Thanks for your help. I hate to be the guy that asks for help all the time.....so I try to use my questions sparingly! haha I really did try to do some homework and look around before I posted the thread too

?

Here's what I have for a '109', an S&L type cross. It came in a packet for Walter & Henlein, whether they started life together I have no idea as packets and crosses were often mixed up from the awarding of the medal and from there on after!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ekii-- maker??   Ekii-- maker??  

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I would guess at an S&L too, not sure about the core though.
    Are you saying it could be an S&L frame with a different core? Is the mixing and matching of EK2 components something that happens very often?

?

S&L made frames for many makers. If the cross are unmarked and with a S&L frame, it's hard to find out of who made it.
    W&L also made frames for Juncker.

?

thank you for posting AdrianC. I thank u for your time. I see that your 109 core has the defined, almost raised "balls" at the end of the 9's and 3 like I was saying earlier. Like Snni says tho, I think I may never find out exactly who made the core!? It has some charcteristics of the 109, but who knows? Thanks for everyones help! Much appreciated

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast