Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake ek1 being sold as an origional

Article about: Just spoted this cross which doesnt like right at all! also i dont think the maker mark L/17 even exists. Ive added the pics below also the link to the other TR items being sold. Cheers Rory

?

Default Fake ek1 being sold as an origional

Just spoted this cross which doesnt like right at all! also i dont think the maker mark L/17 even exists. Ive added the pics below also the link to the other TR items being sold.

Cheers

Rory

German Third Reich :: World Medals and Decorations :: Liverpool Medals Ltd :: World Military Medals :: Medals for Sale
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake ek1 being sold as an origional   Fake ek1 being sold as an origional  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake ek1 being sold as an origional
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fake ek1 being sold as an origional

Thanks for posting Rory, you are absolutely correct, this is a fake EK1. The thin date and beading are instantly recognisable on these old and well known fakes. The cross is also made in one piece. You can find these with a variety of hinge/pin/catch configurations - all fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Well spotted Rory. I've just taken a quick look at that site, and I am not overly impressed.

Cheers,

Carl

?

Thanks guys yes its quite a bad fake, but what got me was the fact that they had a section for reproduction items, as well as origional and their items are over priced imo, i was going to go through all the items and see how many fakes i could spot. Good practice for anyone starting to collect.

Cheers

Rory

Well done Rory

That monstrocity needs removing from this planet

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

haha your right Nick this is another i have just spotted, an the second i have looked at funilly enough. Pics are below for future reference.

Rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake ek1 being sold as an origional   Fake ek1 being sold as an origional  

Hi

They are terrible fakes! There is no detail what so ever!

Thanks

Cameron

?

Well spotted Rory im going to have a look at that site now see what the score is!!! cheers Terry

?

Hello guys yes have a look my main area of study is eks at the moment, so im not too sure on the other badges etc. but i saw a few with some red flags, like one of the spanges and one kvk1 with swords. So thats enough to put me off all together.

Cheers

Rory

Hello there,

Another reason forums like these are a great tool to a collector. One bit of a red flag is the actual price of this specific EK compared to all of the others he has listed....as they say: if it's too good to be true.....

William Kramer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast