Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

fake knight's cross - artificially aged.

Article about: Hi guys, i found this knight's cross at a local swap meet, its one piece construction. very lightly magnetic (not as regular crosses). Also, it looks like someone artificially aged it, maybe

Default fake knight's cross - artificially aged.

Hi guys, i found this knight's cross at a local swap meet, its one piece construction.
    very lightly magnetic (not as regular crosses). Also, it looks like someone artificially aged it, maybe barried it in dirt for alittle while. the black paing is pealing of the center core. also theres some kind of number on the suspention ring but i couldnt figure it out, its damaged.
    what do you think about it? is that a known fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake knight's cross - artificially aged.   fake knight's cross - artificially aged.  

fake knight's cross - artificially aged.   fake knight's cross - artificially aged.  

fake knight's cross - artificially aged.   fake knight's cross - artificially aged.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake knight's cross - artificially aged.
    P
    Many

Default Re: fake knight's cross - artificially aged.

so much muck on it its hard to tell,but more than likely its no good,,,clean it up and post more pics for a more definitive answer

Green patina? From an iron core? I don't think so.

?

Never seen anyhting like it it looks like it's covered in Brasso , definately not frosting !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

hello everyone, thanks for the response, yea i figured it was a fake, i tried to clean the muck alittle bit, the paint is kind of peeling on the core. i took some closer pictures. i was wondering, were ALL iron crosses including 1st, 2nd class and knight's crosses a 3 piece construction? is there any authentic one piece construction, or one piece are all fakes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake knight's cross - artificially aged.   fake knight's cross - artificially aged.  

Here's a link which should provide some answers to your questions.

Iron Cross