Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake or real Iron Cross

Article about: Andrew, thank you so much, as I learn one thing it is that most people are or have good intentions, but I am finding that in here, after reading posts from this board I feel it's the best in

bob01081969
    ?

Default Fake or real Iron Cross

Let me introduce my self, My name is Robert and I am new to both collecting, and this form. I made a post on another question but felt this one should have it's own post.

I am looking to buy an Iron Cross 1st class, but it's through an auction so I can't put my hands on it. I am posting the photos for you all to pick apart, or to just give me your input. Thank you and I look forward to learning as I start my collecting.

Thanks
    Robert,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or real Iron Cross   Fake or real Iron Cross  

Fake or real Iron Cross   Fake or real Iron Cross  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Fake or real Iron Cross

Hi Robert
    It's looks okay to me, L/21 = Förster & Barth Pforzheim as the maker(If I remember right)

Regads
    Thomas

bob01081969
    ?

350.00 is the price the dealer wants.

Thanks
    Bob,

Its a okay price for a cased 1 class ironcross, but wait to buy it to you got some more answeres and replies from the guys in here, they know what they talk about

Förster & Barth did not, in my experience, manufacture the Iron Cross. There are, by my current reckoning, eleven manufacturers of the screwback variety of the Iron Cross, 1939. All screwbacks were private purchase pieces. It is important to know where the maker marks are located in order to differentiate reproductions. They are as follows:

L/11, Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid
    L/12, C. E. Juncker, Berlin
    L/13, Paul Meybauer, Berlin
    L/16, Steinhauer & Lück, Lüdenscheid
    L/18, B. H. Mayer's Hofkunstprageanstalt, Pforzheim
    L/50, Gebr. Godet, Berlin
    L/52, C.F. Zimmermann, Pforzheim
    L/53, Hymmen & Company, Lüdenscheid
    L/54, Schauerte & Hohfeld, Lüdenscheid
    L/55, Wachtler & Länge, Mittwaida
    L/56, Funcke & Bruninghaus
    L/57, Boerger & Co, Berlin
    L/58, Rudolf Souval, Wien
    L/59, Alouis Rettenmaier, Schwabisch-Gmund

It is important to keep in mind only L/56 (Funcke & Bruninghaus) and L/58 (Rudolf Souval) marked the screw plate. The other manufacturers marked the cross.

I strongly suspect the cross shown here is a high end reproduction of Eastern European manufacture, note the three piece oconstruction and seam, although the case looks good.

?

Default Re: EKI: Maker mark question

looks like another flock . @#$!$#%

deww2collector
    ?

It looks like a good Iron Cross to me. Don't like the box. Usually
    screw backs a purchased by the holder they are not awarded with a screw back. deww2collactor.

bob01081969
    ?

Thank You all I am wishing this to be an authentic cross, but there are many out there, and I for one would hate to reward a dealer or person by buying a fake being sold as real. I wish it wasn't so but there are so many low life's trying to steal hard earned money from honest people trying to have a hobby.

Thanks
    Bob,

bob01081969
    ?

I have been looking at the maker mark for a few days now by searching online and other resources and there is a L/21, but as Bill said I have found nothing in regards to a screw back???

?

hello again,
    i think information shared between fourms is ok. should be any way because the more we all know, the better off we all are.
    i'm no expert on crosses, but i have done way to much looking at them on the net. i found a great thread on another fourm about known flock fakes, and how to spot them. something we should know.
    here is a link. Floch Article: EK - KVK - Clasp - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    you might need to be a member to see the pic's ? scroll down the page to a side by side view of 2 EK 1's the screw back plates numbers are what says its a Flock. it's really interesting reading. i suggest reading it.
    andrew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast